Welcome to the GVTTC Open League! We're trying out a flexible league to allow you to play in a competitive format as your schedule allows. The scoring was designed to encourage participation and reward improvement, not just your win/loss record.
Who can play?
- For this trial period, anybody with an active GVTTC summer membership (both league and open play) can sign up. If you do not have an active membership, you can register here: https://www.gvttc.com/Summer2019Registration
- There are a limited number of spots, so sign up ASAP!
How it works?
- Signup is for a single session on the day specified, not an entire season like with our traditional leagues
- Players are allowed to sign up on the fly up until 5:00pm on the day of the league. If you need to withdraw for any reason (work, traffic, etc) please notify Dan Emord by 6:00pm.
- Depending on the number of signups, players will be split into 2-3 groups based on RatingsCentral rating. From there, random draws will be used to assign 3-5 players to a table for a round robin.
- Draws will be created after 6:00pm and league play begins at 6:30pm. If you do not arrive by 7:00pm you will not receive league points.
- Results will be processed in RatingsCentral to determine whether each player's rating went up or down.
- Players receive 1 league point for playing their matches.
- Players receive an additional 1 league point if their RatingsCentral rating stays neutral OR an additional 2 league points if their RatingsCentral rating goes up.
- Bob starts the night with a rating of 1050. He goes 2-1 for the night and his new rating is 1077. Bob will receive 1 point for playing and 2 points for improving for a total of 3 league points for the night.
- John starts the night with a rating of 1430. He goes 1-2 for the night and his new rating is 1402. John will receive 1 point for playing.
Ranking and awards
- The ranking order is determined first by total number of league points, with match win percentage and then game win percentage being used for tiebreakers.
- There will be three award categories: Beginner (RatingsCentral <600), Intermediate (RatingsCentral 600-1200), and Experienced (RatingsCentral >1200).
- We're still hashing out the details of league awards - stay tuned!